Thursday, September 23, 2010

NO You Cannot Just Copy Off Your Partner

I got an interesting question yesterday in class.

It started off not so well because the friggin POWER WENT OUT FOR 45 MINUTES. Luckily the power turned back on just in time for class to start. I asked everyone to hand in their data forms from the previous week and I got a guy that said "I lost mine, can I turn it in later today? I'll just get the information from my partner." (aka I'll just copy everything she has written down so that I can get it in on time)

Naturally I said no, and he had the gall to ask "why?"

Um? Because that's cheating? And it's in full violation of the honor code?

I'll give someone the benefit of a doubt if they say they forgot it and I'll actually be around until 5 pm that day. But this kid doesn't have his form two weeks in a row, didn't come to class the first week, doesn't do all of the work... You're in college, kids. Adults. Take care of your business, cause I'm not going to do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment