Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another day...

It was kinda funny watching my students' reactions to the newly added rules to lab handouts.

I kinda felt bad because after grading them all weekend, I completely forgot my pile of drowned-in-red-ink stacks of papers. But after I saw half of my students walk in late, I didn't feel so bad.

While explaining that about 85% of them did line graphs instead of bar graphs, their eyes kinda bugged out. One girl in particular didn't look happy with me. But whatever.

I came across this comic today, and it totally summarizes my weekend:

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=974

I also had my first physical oceanography exam today. All except one question was pretty straightforward and easy. The one question I know I got wrong I stared at for about 25 minutes and drew 6 different diagrams to try to make the answer come out the way I thought it should look. 15 minutes before time was up I gave up and handed it in. Now I know what the answer should have been and it was so simple, I can't believe I didn't think of it. *sigh* I really hate it when that happens. I hope I actually do as well as I think I did.

Anyways. Went to get ice cream after my long day and then had a beer once we *finally* got home at 9 pm. Now it's time to read more phd comics and possibly come up with a literature review topic for my Ecology class that's due next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment