Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bridesmaid Dresses and Other Wedding Updates

Okay, I'm done reading about phytoplankton for the evening. So naturally it's time to think about wedding things.

When I had gone with my mom and maids of honor to go wedding dress shopping, I had found my dress at the first salon we went to. I had made maybe 3 or 4 appointments for the day, the last being David's Bridal.

The thing about David's Bridal is that I didn't like their wedding dresses AT ALL, but their selection for bridesmaid dresses and accessories was pretty good actually. Our wedding color scheme is dark green, canary yellow, white and black. The bridesmaid dresses are black and we found the perfect bridesmaid dress at David's.



It's perfect because 3 out of the 5 bridesmaids are short, and it's the perfect length so they don't look stocky and I love the bubble hem. It goes really well with my dress, but at the same time different. And to distinguish the maids of honor, they're going to wear a thin canary yellow sash around the waist.

I honestly was looking for something that looked like my 'maids could wear again. I know sometimes it doesn't work out that way, and I know because it's my day, they'll probably wear anything I ask them to (within reason, of course). But I tried. And I think I was successful.

Now even though it seems like the perfect dress, I'm going to do some investigating when we check out the venue in a couple weeks. Because the dress is so short, and it is Northern California after all, it may be a bit more chilly than I'm used to, so naturally I'm thinking up options for different weather that we may run into on our test run.

Other Option #1: in case it's really chilly.

Other Option #2: for my taller 'maids


Other Option #3: more accented MOH dress


Other Option #4: Some sort of shawl or cardigan.

That's pretty much what's running through my head right now.

While we're visiting in California, we'll be looking for a cake baker and a photographer. Future sister in law is acquainted with a photographer who's looking to build up her portfolio so hopefully we can get her within (or less!) than our budget. One of the suggested vendors for cakes from our venue was Butterfly Cakes. They seem more our taste (pun not really intended). Not hugely elaborate but still fitting for the occasion. Whimsical without being overwhelming, which I think is what we're going for. Neither of us are big party people. We're more kick back, relax, enjoy food, a few drinks and lots of laughs.

Not gonna lie, I'm really looking forward to cake tasting. I don't see the point in having separate cakes for the bride and groom, because the bride's cake would be CHOCOLATE. Though I do like the idea of a small cake for the wedding party and cupcakes for everyone else. If we could come up with something nerdy like this, our wedding would be complete :)


That's all the wedding updates for now :) 424 days to go!

2 comments:

  1. Aww come on, INTEND THAT PUN.

    hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's G's job. You know that. Otherwise there would be too much pun in one household. :-P

    ReplyDelete