Monday, January 24, 2011

Brownies are a girl's best friend.

I can't tell you how much I want to eat something deliciously sweet and fluffy.

Brownies. Pancakes. Cake. Pancake puppies from Denny's.

I have a really bad sweet tooth and it's sooooo hard to ignore. I'm doing my best to eat fruits instead. George just made some hot chocolate so that will have to do. Sigh.

We did make this super awesome recipe for dinner tonight. I love stuffed peppers. I have a recipe for it in my Betty Crocker cookbook, but this one was SO much better. The color in it was beautiful and actually, more tasty. (Tastier? meh.)

Walked around Wolf Pen Creek this morning again, though significantly shorter than last week due to my foot. But it still felt good. I'm not sure if I'm imagining the difference in how I look in the mirror. There's definitely a little less pudge! I love the balance ball we bought. It's so much fun to sit on and actually it feels better to sit on that than the couch. I hurt my tailbone when I was in 6th grade and ever since it has never been comfortable to sit for very long. But the balance ball is wonderful! Works out my back and it's fun to try to keep balance without slipping forward or backwards and off the ball.

I've been in denial about doing work today. This is not a good way to start off the new semester. Sigh. Tomorrow I actually have work to do. I'm also in denial about the pile of dishes that are sitting and waiting to be cleaned.

I finished two of the books that I got from Staci over Christmas, and there's many many many more to go. I'm not sure when I'll be able to read for pleasure again, but it is my goal to read the Barnes and Noble Classics. Still making my way through The Scarlet Letter, and next I should probably finish Alice in Wonderland. I keep starting them, putting them down and picking them up months later. I got a copy of The Arabian Nights after seeing a production in Berkeley. I think it'll be nice to have as a source for bedtime stories ^_^

I'm looking forward to looking through my ocean book for the first lab of the semester! The pictures are phenomenal and I really want my kids to be excited :)

Anyways. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight than I did last night (aka this morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment