Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Break part 2

Now let's see... where was I...

Other highlights of winter break include:

-A hair cut with Tia. The stylist twisted my curls into ringlets, but they looked like dreadlocks. Even so, I have less hair, somewhat layered, but it feels so much better. I hadn't had my hair cut in like 10 years. (no, I'm not joking).
-A day at Universal Studios with my aunt Staci and cousins Nick and Alex. And also seeing my uncle before he deployed to Iraq.
-My yearly trip to B&N with Staci so that she can load me up with books for my reading pleasure.
-Seeing my younger brother blossom into a tall young man who is funny and smart and has wit like a whip.  It makes me happy to know that I can still corrupt him though :)
-Spending time with my mommy is always precious to me. I never fully realize how much I miss her until I am with her and have to leave.
-We actually saw it snow in Santa Clarita. WTF. That hasn't happened in 20+ YEARS. For your viewing pleasure:


-I got lots of money to take scuba lessons this semester. I'm excited :)
-I miss my sisters Desi and Neha so much. I'm so glad that I got to look for a wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses with them! We found the most beautiful dresses for me and them, and I'm so excited to be getting married.
-George and I hunted down all of my cravings from home: King Taco, La Cocina, Chili John's, BJ's, and most importantly, In N Out ^_^
-We also went to the Marine Mammal Center in Marin, CA. There was a Dirty Jobs episode about it, but I can honestly say that I think I know where I want to be after graduation. I want to work in the Monterey National Marine Sanctuary and possibly work to create more Marine Protected Areas. And on my off days I'll volunteer at the MMC, get my fill of seals there :)
-In my first semester as a grad student, I earned a 4.0 GPR, for the first time since high school. And I can't tell you what a relief that was. I set the bar for myself, and for once I know how to do it again.


I'm also teaching 3 classes this semester, which will be interesting. I'm pretty sure I can do it. I can manage my time better.  I have Mondays off in case I need to go to Galveston. I'm earning more this semester in case George doesn't get funding.

All in all I think we're off to a good start! Now if only it weren't so cold, it would be a lot better...

No comments:

Post a Comment