Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's not even the first lab yet!

Oh students.

How can I possibly say that phrase before having to actually teach a lab? I do believe I was feeling the same way last semester. Only I think the questions were a bit more stupid last semester.

"Oh, you mean I didn't have to ask you where the class is and at what time because you wrote it in the email that I'm replying to? Really? I had to read that?"

And this gem "Where's the e-manuel located?"

Ahem. You mean the E-MANUAL that is located in the tab at the top of the page in big letters labeled E-MANUAL. Right next to the other tab in big letters labeled "LAB QUESTIONS" which I know you were able to figure out because you did the damn pre lab assignment.


This semester it's "I bought the access code, but I didn't receive the username and password, and when I try to recover that information it says that I'm not in the system. PLZ HELP I'M SO STRESSED OUT RITE NOW."

Thanks for emailing me that, dear student. The night before class. When I told you, oh, a week and a half ago, and again in class last week, that this web-based textbook is REQUIRED for EVERYTHING WE DO. And I seem to recall telling you all not to wait until the last minute to do these assignments. Your 19 other classmates seem to have no problem following that instruction.

But I guess there's always one.





*facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment