Monday, February 7, 2011

Highlights of the Weekend.

Instead of the usual in depth rundown of my thoughts from the past couple of days, I will give the highlights.

I stayed home Thursday because I was a coughing, mucus-y mess.

Thursday night/Friday morning it snowed. We got a few good inches. The university closed, and I didn't have to teach my class. Unfortunately, now I have to make up the lab the week after Easter. Again I stayed home because I was still sick.

Friday through Sunday was a lot of wedding planning.
*We figured out the best course of financial action so that we can pay for the thing without stressing about it.
*We have a venue for the ceremony and reception.
*We booked a flight out to SF for Memorial Day weekend so we can visit the venue and go over details. If we don't like it, we don't lose much financially. Plus, we have bakeries and a photographer that we need to hire, so it will be a productive weekend.
*Flight prices are annoyingly arbitrary and expensive. Kayak.com was actually better than trying to buy directly from Southwest Airlines.
*We have a wedding website :)
*I started compiling addresses for our friends and family.

Last night was the Super Bowl.
*The only thing I liked about the halftime show was that it was Tron-esque.
*Woo the Packers won.
*The Volkswagen commercial was my personal favorite. It makes me giggle.
*I made cinnamon streusel muffins. I craved something fluffy and sweet.

I've moved on from coughing to sneezing. Or needing to sneeze and not having the sneeze come when I want it to. I would very much like to breathe out of both nostrils. My trash can is full of tissues.

Sarah introduced me to quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a while. You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment