Thursday, November 18, 2010

Diet. Or as Michelle calls it: Lifestyle Change.

So I rather distressingly found on Monday night that I don't fit into my one year anniversary dress anymore. I mean it was 8 bucks and I bought it 3 years ago. But. I loved that dress. And I didn't really have many opportunities to wear it over the years. It makes me sad.

I know I've gained a bit of weight (*sigh*), but there also is the fact that I've gone up a couple cup sizes (thanks BC!) which will affect how well a lot of my clothes fit nowadays.

Anyways. I decided to get started early on my wedding diet aka lifestyle change. And can I just say: diets. suck.

I was very proud of myself for not eating the cookie that came with my lunch yesterday. Or ice cream the night before when I really really really wanted it.

Slimfast for breakfast the past couple of days seemed to help curb my appetite. I don't overeat (I don't think), I just indulge my sweet tooth a little too much. And don't exercise as much as I should. Or eat as many fruits and veggies as I should. So I'm trying to change that.

Pros:
*I actually drink a glass of milk everyday, which is important to women in their early 20s if they want to decrease the probability of osteoporosis. (or so I hear)
*Starting early (way before a lot of brides I hear start their wedding diet) may help me keep this routine in the long run, and keep me healthy.
*I'm eating more fruits instead of other snacks (read: cookies) from the vending machine downstairs.

Cons:
*Trying to find a diet friendly dessert.
*Trying to start a diet the week before Thanksgiving.
*I've been told the first few weeks suck because you're so hungry. Whoever said that was right. It SUCKS.
*I'm usually good at portion control. Trying to keep myself under what I would like is HARD. Trying not to just go to the freezer and eat a spoonful of ice cream is harder.
*Still haven't gotten up to exercise. I do walk from the parking lot to O&M and back everyday (almost) but that's not enough. I'm still figuring out a good time to do more.

We'll see how the pros and cons change over time.

2 comments:

  1. I remember shopping for that. Remember the "booty shorts" I tried on? Ugh, so bad.

    Anyways this is a good tool.

    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, lifestyle change damnit - LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

    ReplyDelete