Friday, November 12, 2010

MY EYES

THEY BURN.



I've been awake since 4:30 this morning studying for my chem ocean exam today.

Yesterday was my Ecology presentation. I was pretty proud of myself despite probably speed talking because I was nervous. I said one thing I didn't mean to say and confused the class and myself. Fortunately they were forgiving. My prof, may not be so forgiving. Who knows. I never know how well I'm doing in his class. It bothers me. He asked me a question that I had a serious brain fart on. I'M INTELLIGENT I SWEAR.

After that my brain was just shot to hell. I knew I had to study, but I was utterly incapable of stuffing anything else into my head. George tried to help me go through my flash cards and about halfway through I just couldn't do it anymore. After convincing me to just go to bed and get up early, I went to bed. And got up early. And VOILA I was actually a coherent human being with functional memory.

George got up at 6 and went to get milk for tea and other general milk-y uses. And then he made me oven-french-toast for breakfast. Yum. It was a good pre-exam tummy boost.

Fast forward to 8:45 am. I'm sitting in the classroom reading the newspaper, going over stuff in my head. Checking my notes.

9:02 am. The fire alarm goes off.

Proceed down the stairs and out the door. I find classmates. We spot our prof wandering ways away from us. Tests in hand.

A few minutes go by. Suddenly we hear sirens. *ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME???*

Fire truck pulls up. Building proctor says they have to inspect THE ENTIRE BUILDING.

It is now 3 minutes past when we were supposed to start our exam. We start contemplating what's going to happen: are we going to postpone until Monday? Oral exam? Just take it late?

Personally, I just wanted to get it over with. I needed to vomit out the information that I had piled into my head onto a piece of paper. And fast.

It's 9:30 am when we're finally given the all clear. 20 minutes after the exam was supposed to start.

Everyone is back in the classroom. Prof decides to give us the exam and just let us stay after the time we're supposed to be done since there isn't a class after us.

I overstudied. It was a cake walk.

I hand in my exam. I felt the adrenaline high beginning to crash. I go home, sit on my couch reading blogs and listening to Angel on Netflix while eating Wheat Thins that have Laughing Cow spreadable swiss cheese on them. And I haven't done anything academic since.

Would like to take a nap but I can't because I won't be able to sleep tonight. So I wait until 5 when George is done working and we go home, picking up pizza, beer and Scott Pilgrim on the way. And it will be a glorious Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment