Monday, November 22, 2010

Procrastination Nation.

So I'm supposed to be reading papers for my chem ocean paper right now. I have lots of thoughts bouncing around in my head.

*Anger at chem ocean prof for having class on Wednesday when in the syllabus it says that we don't.

*More anger at chem ocean prof for moving up the paper due date (essentially removing an entire weekend that could have been devoted to writing it) so we can peer review each other's papers to get the "full scientific paper writing experience."

*Wanting to be done with this week so I can finally enjoy some time with family.

*Excited to spend time with future sister in law. We went to the mall today to get cheap stuff from VS and Bath and Body Works. I'm engulfed in Mint Chocolate candle smell. YUM.

*I already have a student asking me if she can be bumped up to an A from an 89% even though she hasn't done the last post lab yet, and I still have to go through and drop the lowest lab grade.

*More excited to FINALLY see HP7 tomorrow night.

*I need to go shopping for some essential ingredients for Thanksgiving. Anyone know any good stuffing/dressing recipes?

*More or less gave up on the diet for this week. I will start again next week. Really stupid to try to start a diet the week before Thanksgiving. But still trying to eat healthy.

*George's brakes blew out yesterday. Had to get the car towed to the repair shop today. His car will be the first to go, I think. And it's officially not coming to CA with us. My car wins! (minus lack of cruise control. sigh)

*Took engagement pictures yesterday! I'm super excited to see how they turned out. We had fun taking them.

*On a related note (I swear) I need new glasses. Mine hurt my head. And I'm wondering if I should stick with transition lenses. I really wish my eyes weren't so sensitive to contacts.

*It's Thanksgiving week. Where the hell is the cold?



UPDATE:

I want to try to make something out of the *many* wine bottles I have that I can't recycle. Ideas?

1 comment:

  1. You should make a nightlight out of them. Or carefully break the bottles and use the glass to make an artsy mural.
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete