Tuesday, November 30, 2010

End of Semester Craziness Settling In

HOKAY. So.

Yesterday, I woke up at 4:15 am, and was out the door at 5 am to drive to Galveston. Arrive in Galveston at 7:30 am. Meeting with DQ at 10 am. Lab meeting at 12 pm. Leave Galveston at 2:15, and arrive at home at 4:45 pm. Crash into bed at 9:45 pm (after having margaritas and chips and salsa with the lovely Alicia :) )

Busy. Busy. BUSY. Day. Even my extra thermos of tea was not enough to stave off the sleepiness. And the serious under-eye baggage did not help with my appearance.

Too much driving. I was falling asleep during the drive home. BUT it was a good meeting. Everyone was there. Lots of talking and laughing. More MS business taken care of, i.e. third committee member in mind and degree plan pretty much all sorted out.

And even though I wore jeans. And a sweatshirt. Somehow I got bitten by a mosquito. ON THE BACK OF MY LEG. How the hell does that happen? I thought they were all supposed to be dead by now.

Looked online for apartments to move into at the end of May. There's one that's quite literally in the middle between CS and Galveston. About 60 miles both ways. And while I've been going back and forth about where to live, I think the midway point is nice. It means I don't have to get up insanely early every morning, but early enough that I can be there early, and get things done and go home early. And if a trip to CS is called for, again, I don't have to get up at 4 am. Plus, Galveston is pretty expensive, and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable in hurricane season living 20 miles from the coast. We'll go look at them when we get back from CA I guess. I'm gonna have to make a trip down there to get shit signed anyways.


IN OTHER NEWS.



THIS WEEK:
12/1: Chem ocean homework due at 9:10 am (CHECK!)
12/2: Phys ocean exam at 2:20 pm. (halfway through working on flashcards for that)
12/3: Chem ocean paper due at 11:59 pm (outline in progress, will be working on that intermittently tomorrow and allllll Thursday night/Friday)

12/4: See what of my chem ocean paper I can use for my ecology paper due 12/7.
12/7: Ecology paper due.
12/8: Chem ocean paper reviews due. Chem ocean take home final given, and due 12/13.
12/13: Chem ocean take home final and Ecology assignment due.
12/20: Grades for my undergrads are due. (I only have 4 students that I have to change things around for, so yay). AND Set out for CA!

FIN!


Also from Galveston, DQ's going to the UK for the month of December and so for the lab meeting she made us this OMFG DELICIOUS chocolate bundt cake to make it up to us for not having a Christmas party this year. Instead when she's back in January, she'll have an Australia Day party!

I love my advisor. I think she's the most awesome person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment